- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Provides 100 Watts of saturated power
- Highly linear
- Isolated output provides excellent VSWR protection
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Monitoring and control via RS485/422 interface
- Rugged, weatherproof outdoor package
- Calibrated forward and reflected sample ports
- Mute/Unmute via 0V/5V relay command
- Harmonic filter
- Indoor control cabinet with system controller, PDU and/or waveguide pressurization
UBS’ C-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) is built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly linear design is ideal for outdoor SATCOM applications. It offers 100 Watts of saturated power across a 5850 to 6750 MHz frequency band. The rugged, weatherproof outdoor design is a field-replaceable system component, built to offer maximum reliability and long service life. The SSPA features monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power, over-temperature, operating current and operating voltage. The SSPA is force air-cooled using variable speed blowers and includes an integrated AC/DC power supply system.
The system controller provides a user-friendly interface for monitoring and control of the SSPA. RS485 and Ethernet interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI, Web GUI and SNMP. The optional, indoor control cabinet, with system controller, dehydrator and/or PDU, provides a convenient means to power and control the SSPA system. The indoor system controller communicates with the SSPA system controller to provide a front panel display for local monitoring and control.