- Phase combined TWT power amplifier system provides 1.2kW of flange power
- Fully protected against input overdrive, temperature and output load VSWR conditions
- Calibrated forward and reflected sample ports
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blower
- Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and/or RS232/RS485 interfaces
- Rugged, weatherproof outdoor package
- L-Band input (BUC operation)
- Harmonic filter
- Indoor control cabinet with the system controller, PDU and/or waveguide pressurization
UBS’ Ka-Band amplifier system is designed using a highly efficient, cost-effective travelling wave tube (TWT). It provides 1.2kW (60.8 dBm) min. of flange power over an operating frequency range of 27.0 to 31.0 GHz. The modular design includes an input signal distribution system, four (4) TWTA modules and an output power switch, allowing the system to switch between the broadcast antenna and test load. All are located in a weatherproof housing, suitable for outdoor antenna mounting.
The modular design includes an input power splitter, output power combiner and amplifier chassis to house four amplifier modules. The TWTA module is built as a self-contained unit and contains an integrated air cooling system. Four (4) TWTA modules are phase combined to provide a minimum flange power of 1.2kW. The optional, indoor control cabinet with system controller, dehydrator and/or PDU, provides a convenient means to power and control the TWTA system. The system controller is responsible for the configuration and management of the entire TWTA system and provides user interfaces for local and remote control.