- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Provides 200 Watts of saturated power
- Highly linear
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Calibrated forward sample port
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Integrated AC/DC power supply
- Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and RS485 interfaces
- L-Band input (BUC operation)
- Redundancy ready (no external controller required)
- Harmonic filter (external)
Our UniMatrix family of Ku-Band solid-state power amplifiers (SSPA) are built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly linear designs are the ideal replacement for TWTAs used in SATCOM applications. They offer up to 400W of saturated power with maximum reliability and long service life. The SSPA’s are compact, field-replaceable system components, designed for rack mounting in a controlled indoor environment. They are forced air-cooled using integrated blowers and are powered by an internal AC/DC power supply. The SSPA’s feature monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power, over-temperature, operating current and operating voltage. Additionally, every GaN transistor if fully protected against potentially harmful reflected power caused by antenna mismatches.
The SSPA’s operational parameters are monitored and controlled by an integrated system controller. A front panel display provides the user with local monitoring and control, while RS485 and Ethernet interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI, Web GUI and SNMP.