- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Ideal replacement for TWT or Klystron amplifiers used in SATCOM applications
- Provides 4500W of saturated power
- Highly linear
- Built-in self-protection circuits including arc detection
- Calibrated forward and reflected sample ports
- Integrated modular AC/DC power supply
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and RS485 interfaces
- L-Band input
- 1:1 redundant mode of operation
- Harmonic filter
- High power system load
Our UniMatrix family of Ku-Band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) systems are built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly linear designs are the ideal replacement for TWT and Klystron amplifiers used in SATCOM applications. The scalable systems can be customized to operate as 4 module, 8 module or 16 module SSPA systems and can be updated in the field as output power requirements change. Passive combining is employed to avoid RF output interruptions; optionally the modular systems can be configured to operate in 1:1 redundant mode.
The UniMatrix systems feature a number of monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power and over temperature. Additionally, the systems are equipped with an arc detection system, which will detect and rapidly shut down the system when an arc occurs. The system controller provides a user-friendly interface for monitoring and control of the complete UniMatrix system as well as the individual SSPA modules. A front panel display provides the user with local monitoring and control, while RS485 and Ethernet interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI Web GUI and SNMP. PoE (Power over Ethernet) is employed for all controllers, eliminating the need to turn on DC power when performing simple monitoring and control tasks.