- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Provides 100 Watts of saturated power
- Highly linear
- Isolated output provides excellent VSWR protection
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Monitoring and control via RS485/422 interface
- Rugged, weatherproof outdoor package
- Calibrated forward and reflected sample ports
- Mute/Unmute via 0V/5V relay command
- Harmonic filter
- Indoor control cabinet with system controller, PDU and/or waveguide pressurization
UBS’ S-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) is built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly linear design is ideal for outdoor SATCOM applications. It offers 100 Watts of saturated power across across a 7.9 to 8.4 GHz frequency band. The rugged, weatherproof outdoor design is a field-replaceable system component, built to offer maximum reliability and long service life. The SSPA features monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power, over-temperature, operating current and operating voltage. The SSPA is force air-cooled using variable speed blowers and includes an integrated AC/DC power supply system.
The system controller provides a user-friendly interface for monitoring and control of the SSPA. RS485 and Ethernet interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI, Web GUI and SNMP. The optional, indoor control cabinet, with system controller, dehydrator and/or PDU, provides a convenient means to power and control the SSPA system. The indoor system controller communicates with the SSPA system controller to provide a front panel display for local monitoring and control.