- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Ideal replacement for TWT amplifiers used in SATCOM applications
- Provides 200 Watts of saturated power
- Isolated output provides excellent VSWR protection
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- 1RU external L-Band to X-Band BUC (optional)
- 1RU external N+ AC/DC power supply (optional)
UBS’ X-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) is built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly-efficient design is the ideal replacement for TWTAs used in SATCOM applications. It offers 200 Watts of saturated power with maximum reliability and long service life.
The SSPA features monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, over-temperature, operating current and operating voltage. Additionally, every GaN transistor if fully protected against potentially harmful reflected power caused by antenna mismatches.
The SSPA’s operational parameters are monitored and controlled by an integrated system controller. A front panel display provides the user with local monitoring and control, while Ethernet and RS485 interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI and Web GUI, SNMP optional.
The SSPA is a compact, 3RU, field-replaceable system component, designed for rack mounting in a controlled indoor environment. It is force air-cooled using integrated blowers and is powered by an external DC power supply. Optionally, the SSPA can be configured with an external 1RU L-Band to X-Band BUC and/or an external N+1 or N+2 1RU AC/DC power supply.
Add your contact info
Place your order
Product Ordering Form