- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Ideal replacement for TWT amplifiers used in SATCOM applications
- Provides up to 400 Watts of saturated power
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Integrated AC/DC power supply
- Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and RS485 interfaces
- Internal L-Band to X-Band BUC (optional)
- Integrated linearizer (optional)
Our UniMatrix family of X-Band solid-state power amplifiers (SSPA) are built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly efficient designs are the ideal replacement for TWTAs used in SATCOM applications. They offer up to 400W of saturated power with maximum reliability and long service life.
The SSPA’s feature monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power, over-temperature, operating current and operating voltage. Additionally, every GaN transistor if fully protected against potentially harmful reflected power caused by antenna mismatches.
The SSPA’s operational parameters are monitored and controlled by an integrated system controller. A front panel display provides the user with local monitoring and control, while Ethernet and RS485 interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI and Web GUI, SNMP optional.
The SSPA is a compact, field-replaceable system component, designed for rack mounting in a controlled indoor environment. It is force air-cooled using integrated blowers and is powered by an internal AC/DC power supply. Optionally, the SSPA can be configured with an internal L-Band to X-Band BUC, as well as a linearizer for enhanced inter-modulation performance.