- Solid-state design using GaN devices
- Provides 1000W of saturated power
- Highly linear
- Built-in self-protection circuits
- Calibrated forward and reflected sample ports
- Forced air-cooled with integrated blowers
- Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and RS485 interfaces
- Rugged, weatherproof outdoor package
- L-Band input (BUC operation)
- 1:1 redundant mode of operation
- Harmonic filter
- Outdoor control cabinet with system controller, PDU and/or waveguide pressurization
UBS’ outdoor X-Band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) system is built using the latest GaN transistor technology. The highly linear design is the ideal replacement for TWTAs used in SATCOM applications. It offers 1000W of saturated power across a 7.9 to 8.4 GHz frequency band. The rugged, weatherproof outdoor design is built to offer maximum reliability and long service life. The system is configured to operate in 1:1 redundant mode, employing passive switching to avoid RF output interruptions; optionally the system can be configured to operate in 1:1 redundant mode.
The systems feature a number of monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power and over temperature. The system controller provides a simple user-friendly interface for monitoring and control; RS485 and Ethernet interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI, Web GUI and SNMP. The optional, indoor control cabinet, with system controller, dehydrator and/or PDU, provides a convenient means to power and control the SSPA system. The indoor system controller interfaces with the outdoor system to provide a front panel display for local monitoring and control.